Besides ampersands, I worked on a dynamic site that the convention was
to add a (+) sign in the friendly URL. The plug takes the page title
and puts the (+) sign between words.

The W3C validator tells me to convert to & and produces 163 errors
per page, a site that validated up to the point of the friendly URL
was added.  There are also URLs to searches that don't validate for
other reasons.

I work as part of a team and had no say in the decision.

So now, if I ask for help on certain email lists, and all I get is
that your page doesn't validate.  I no longer get any help for the
question I ask which has nothing to do with why the page isn't
validating.

As more and more pages are generated dynamically with CMS in place,
using friendly URL's or using markers as described below, should this
be something the the W3C validator addresses?

Nancy