Thanks, David :)

I read up on a few different angles on this - one as you write, <hgroup>
should contain 2 headings, and <h1> and <h2> tags.
But when I initially read about it - and then confirmed for this site - it
could also contain the main header with a strapline, therefore include a <p>
See this HTML5 doctor's site article:
http://html5doctor.com/the-hgroup-element/

I am using it for that purpose. I wanted to give each page/site section it's
own strapline, a page summary if you will... So I felt the <hgroup> would
give it this meaning rather than classing the entire header as mere
<header>.

Prisca

Prisca Schmarsow — 07969 713 329
graphiceyedea.co.uk --- eyelearn.org --- webeyedea.info

student forum:
eyelearn.org/forum