>I am working on  a mobile version WordPress site that I have not done
content negotiation yet, but display none the content >including inline
images that I don't want them show up in mobile version. The homepage is a
little heavy due to a large

I wouldn't rely on css for mobile sites ... to many phones don't support it
properly ...
Mine doesn't (it just ignores it)

Opera mini (or ANYTHING that comes as a java app) works rather poorly my
phone
So I end up just using the built in browser - even though can't do css or
javascript...

If you want to build a mobile site for the *general public* it will need to
be usable on devices WITHOUT css, javascript or flash.

Don't forget there are a lot of people like me out there who just won't
spent $1000 on a phone and are not willing to go into debt on some "plan"...
and ... how often does the average person buy a new phone?