On Aug 24, 2010, at 3:24 AM, Michael MD wrote:

>> I am working on  a mobile version WordPress site that I have not done
> content negotiation yet, but display none the content >including inline
> images that I don't want them show up in mobile version. The homepage is a
> little heavy due to a large
>
> I wouldn't rely on css for mobile sites ... to many phones don't support it
> properly ...
> Mine doesn't (it just ignores it)

On top of serving media queries for mobile version, a very basic phone style
sheet will be served even though I am pretty sure my clients' targeted
audiences won't be those who use low-end phones for web browsing - the way I
look at this is, it's like food, if it isn't taste good, nobody will want to
eat it unless one is starving at near death stage. There are just too many
limitation, too costly , too unappealing reason for anyone willing to visit a
site (even if it's mobile web optimized) in older phones. I don't built sites
that can be used for surviving purpose so I can rest assure no starving people
come to the sites I build for emergency and hope to be rescued.

Despite what I have learned from David Story about Opera Mini, media queries
along cannot make a usable mobile version of site that is truly targets mobile
user. Content negotiation and adaption cannot be forgone, there are more to it
to make usable mobile version site than displaying none to elements you don't
want the mobile users see.

tee