On 28/09/2010 07:12, David Dorward wrote:
On 27 Sep 2010, at 22:46, tee wrote:
Quote Hugo, "It will create those elements for IE6-8 (and older browsers with lack
of HTML5 support) in DOM." I suppose DOM will still work in older IEs when CSS is
off yes?

Yes

To clarify though: the DOM will be messed up in IE without the JS training wheels (document.createElement('header') etc) telling it that there's these new elements. For instance, if I recall correctly, having something like

<header>blah</header>

will make IE think that there are a "header" element and a "/header" element, so the DOM will look something like

header
textnode
/header

where the three are siblings, rather than

header
-- textnode

where textnode is child of the header node

Patrick H. Lauke