On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Tom Livingston <tom...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:52 PM, David Dorward <da...@dorward.me.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 14 Oct 2010, at 17:27, Tom Livingston wrote:
>>
>>> Are image maps still ok?
>>
>> Still?
>>
>> Server side image maps are as inaccessible as ever.
>>
>> Client side image maps had issues last time I looked at them, but things
>> might have improved since then.
>>
>> http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/html/mapalt.html is an (oldish) resource
>> which describes some of the issues and ways to work around them.
>>
>> --
>> David Dorward
>> http://dorward.me.uk
>>

> When I say "ok" I mean "as OK as they can be". And the question may
> have been better as "Does anyone still use image maps?"
>
> Anyway, thanks for the link.

Bandcamp is an indie-artist music store service that allows you to
design your own storefront, but if you want to link to other sites
from your header, you have to use an image map. So yes, there are
people out there still using image maps. I'm one of them. But not by
choice.

Christian Montoya
mappdev.com :: christianmontoya.net