On 11 Nov 2010, at 10:50, Chris Taylor wrote:

> [...]

Error? I wasn't suggesting that a validator would complain about the Doctype.
It will either fail to recognise it (and thus refuse to do any validation) or
it will trigger HTML5 validation. This isn't built on HTML 4.01 validation
since HTML 5 is not an SGML application. The result is that you get a
completely different validation engine — one that isn't mature and is still
trying to track a moving target.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk