From: cat soul
Sent: 10 November 2010 23:32
> Great! Most everyone else is saying HTML5 is 10 years off and not to
> code for it, not to worry about it until then.

HTML5 as a finished, published spec may be 10 years off, but there are plenty
of HTML5 features you can use right now with some careful handling of older
(IE) browsers. The future is already among us.

In fact, this is HTML5-style - <!doctype html> - but will work fine in all
browsers (as far as I know).

For more information check out:

http://html5doctor.com/how-to-use-html5-in-your-client-work-right-now/
http://diveintohtml5.org/
http://www.html5rocks.com/

And there's Andy Clarke's new book "Hardboiled Web Design" which deals with
HTML5 and more: http://hardboiledwebdesign.com/

So "is HTML5 ready", as far as http://ishtml5readyyet.com/ sees it isn't the
same as "can I use parts of this spec yet?"

Chris

This message has been scanned for malware by SurfControl plc.
www.surfcontrol.com