For what it's worth, you can use more than one H1 tag too - the semantic use
would be for each section, perhaps for each article's title.

I think that should move use of the h1 tag from the logo/title to what it
should be used for; headlines, not page titles.

Regards,

Jon Warner
Tel: 0788 99 424 30
http://thepixelforge.net/