Hi John,

I just finished working on the Samplerate, Portaudio adn FFTW
AC_CHECK_HEADERS, and also included proper -I and -L paths, so of if
configure can't find the headers, AC_MESSGE then [Break], so this whole
configure with --with-portaudio .. .. is overtired now. We really need
to add proper m4 functions for all the critical libs.

See below more comments.

On 05/03/2014 09:20 AM, John Nelson wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> Noted your changes in Makefile.in.  One other thing I have noticed for both
> WSJT and WSPR compilations is the final part of the make:
>
> ${MV} w.cpython-3*.so WsprMod/w.so    and
>
> ${MV} Audio.cpython-32mu.so WsjtMod/Audio.so
>
> on the Mac the cpython-3*  and cpython-32mu  do not exist.   It's just w.so
>  and  Audio.so   which then get moved manually
>
> Is the   cpython-xxx   just a Windows feature?

This is a Linux & Windows thing I believe. the cpython-32mu was from
Python3.2/Numpy F2PY and cpython34m was from Python3.4 / Numpy F2PY3.4
The 3* was just to allow any of the 3.x version of Python to build
without hard coding it.

Maybe we should look at how to generically name the ouput from F2PY, as
"w" is getting appended with the cpython-xx.so extension. I believe most
(probably not all) *Nix distro's are using the CPython source code to
build their Python's, thus the -cpython- reference stuff, just a guess
though.

Surely there is a way to specify the output name we need / want.

> The other change I have is that  gfortran compiles to 32 bit by default on
> the Mac, while C compiles to 64 bit.  So FFLAGS needs a -m64 addition.
> Apart from this, configure generates a Makefile from Makefile.in that can be
> used without further modification.

Thanks, I'll at add that onto the flags.

> --- John G4KLA
73's
Greg, KI7MT