Bill --

>> Version 1.12 is a drop-in replacement for v1.11, on all platforms.  The
>> comments in extract.F90 are obsolete (and should be removed).  I have
>> not yet built kvasd 1.12 for OSX and ARM, so that still needs to be done.
> I'm not sure that is correct. There is commented out code in extract.F90
> that was waiting for 1.12. The reason being that WSJT-X has to run with
> a cwd in a temporary directory and arrange to copy kvasd.dat into that
> directory. IIRC the changes to kvasd 1.12 were to allow a full path to
> kvasd.dat to be passed to kvasd and therefore allow it to be run from
> any cwd.
>
> This all dates back to changes made to get rid of code writing files in
> the install directories.
>
> The reason I put the code in to use the temporary directory cwd was
> because at the time there was no Mac version of kavsd 1.12 produced.
>
> While the workaround in WSJT-X does work, it adds complexity and has
> since had other impacts causing even more complexity.

You're correct.  Version 1.12 will work as a drop-in replacement for
v1.11, but it also has the enhancement that enables it to communicate
with WSJT-X through a file defined by any pathname, rather than just
kvasd.dat in the current working directory.

> Currently the WSJT-X build still has the capability of fetching kvasd
> and still does so for everything but Linux non-Debug configurations.
> This is to make testing WSJT-X relatively seamless and also goes as far
> as bundling kvasd into installers on Windows and Mac non-Debug configure
> builds and packaging.
>
> Should I remove this capability?

It seems to me that this capability should be retained.  So, after they
have been tested by someone else beside me, I suppose the v1.12
executables for all platforms should replace those now in the SVN
repository under .../trunk/kvasd-binary ?

        -- Joe