On 17/03/2015 13:21, Michael Black wrote:
Hi Mike,
> Question on determining band.  I'd like to send the desired CQ band info to
> WSJT-X which means WSJT-X has to tell the client what band was decoded.
> PAOTBR sent a patch in to add band to the separator that hasn't been
> integrated yet:
>
>              QString band = ADIF::bandFromFrequency ((m_dialFreq +
> ui->TxFreqSpinBox->value ()) / 1.e6);
That change has been implemented in Joe's feature branch. TBH I would
prefer the the Bands data model object be used to convert frequencies to
bands, it is what is used for the band drop down and the spot frequency
configuration. See Bands.hpp for the model interface. You can use it
like this (assumes m_config is an instance or Configuration like in
MainWindow):

#include "Radio.hpp"
#include "Bands.hpp"
#include "Configuration.hpp"

Radio::Frequency f {140760000};
auto band = m_config.bands ()->data (m_config.bands ()->find (f));

> But....is the decoded band obvious?  Will it be the band that was active at
> the 48 or 50 second mark?  I don't see where this info is retained.  The
> user could obviously change the band at any time but I think the 48 second
> mark is where it's most accurate...correct?  Not the 50 second mark?
That is not an answerable question. The decoder does not tell us which
part of the receiving period the decoded signal was present in. Use the
current dial frequency and don't worry about recent changes otherwise
you will end up getting lost in statistical minutiae that are not worth
calculating and almost certainly wrong for many edge cases.