I am trying to figure out the best way to do this.  I had tried and was
successful on using readyReady but now that I think of it I had it in a
separate thread and that's not needed.

I'll go back and try that again as that is a lot more intuitive.

I can ultimately see controlling all button clicks and such..just wanted to
start with the obvious one which is "Hey WSJT-X.here's a CQ message..do your
thing".

I was concerned a bit about using the activity list since there's been
discussion on when things should get cleared.so JTAlert might at some point
keep calls around after WSJT-X has cleared them giving bad behavior.

I figured handling an external CQ message was more like the result of
double-clicking a Band Activity entry so was trying to repeat the result and
if I put the CQ in the RX side I know it's there.

I'll play with it a bit and see what works.

Thanks.

Mike W9MDB