Hi Steve,

Agreed on all counts.

A surprise discovery: it seems that all of our recent tests have been
using the original code in .../trunk/demod64a.f90, with its exp(x)
symbol metrics.  I tried switching back to your simple p1/psum, p2/psum
mnetrics computed in .../trunk/rsdtest/demod64b.f90, with much degraded
results.  I did not try re-tuning things accordingly.

        -- Joe