On 12/11/2015 13:14, char...@sucklingfamily.free-online.co.uk wrote:
> Hi Bill
Hi Charlie,

> Pse find attached the all.txt for the QSO.
The incorrect message selection is caused by the extra information after
the received message that the JT4 decoder appends. The number, '6' in
this case, from the line:

0828 -17 2.63  724 * HA/G3WDG OZ1FF      6 A  1

The way the JT4 decoder passes its results to the WSJT-X user interface
looses the meaning on the appended fields as it is passed as a single
string. This means that the UI code has to interpret the line without
knowing that the 6 is not part of the decoded message. It interprets it
as a +06 signal report which is obviously incorrect but it is not smart
enough to determine that.

This issue is not specifically because of the type 1 compound call sign.
For example if OZ1FF had called you when you are using G3WDG from the UK
but had omitted his grid square, the same issue would have occurred.

I assume that the extra fields are valuable to you as the operator but I
am not sure if they are used elsewhere in the application by extracting
them from the decoder results string. If they need to remain in the
results string then we may have to add some delimiter character so that
they can be excluded a part of the received message itself.