Joe,

You are a little late to this party, as usual. A lot of the discussion
about this phenomena, which doesn't have anything to do with WSJT (other
than your ego that this is in fact your mailing list) has been happening
all over so many mailing lists that your response is cluttering, off topic
and a bit of braggadocio, even for you (who had nothing to do with the
confirmation of an earlier theory). The most fruitful discussions can be
found, in the mailing list world that many here might be interested in,
located on the Time Nut's list. There may be other lists that cross
boundaries that many here would find interesting, too.

Next time, please confine your responses to those who asked you what you
thought, because I know this list doesn't need a lot of off topic mail-
your own rule, I think. But maybe you've changed it in midstream, like you
do so many other things.

And while I'm wondering, since Steve did most of the work on the decoder
recently- it will be his name first in the QEX article, right? Or do you
actually believe you should be listed as the lead author for the article-
even though you did nothing more than error checking?

Thanks,
Chase

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Joe Taylor <j...@princeton.edu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After spending a most enjoyable week on the sunny Caribbean island of
> St. Lucia, I'm home again.  Returning was quite a shock -- the
> temperature here on arrival was 6 F.
>
> Probably you heard last Thursday's announcement about the detection of
> gravitational waves originating from a pair of colliding black holes,
> some 1.3 billion light years away, in the southern sky.  This is a major
> discovery in physics -- it opens a new window on the universe, if you
> like.
>
> Since I've already had off-list queries from several list members about
> this announcement, I'll share a few links to some of the essentials:
>
> Full press release from the LIGO (Laser Interferometer Gravitational
> Wave Observatory) collaboration:
> https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/news/ligo20160211
>
> The actual detected waveform of the black-hole collision, presented as
> an audio clip you can listen to:
> https://www.ligo.caltech.edu/video/ligo20160211v2
>
> In case you're interested in more details, I've posted a copy of the
> full announcement paper as published in Physical Review Letters here:
>
> http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/PhysRevLett.116.061102.pdf
>
>         -- Joe, K1JT

Chase Turner
W4TI