Bill,

At the moment it's 1636.  Perhaps the light is dawning.  Would split mode
only shift the Tx frequency in order to keep the audio frequency in bounds,
and not to shift if Tx frequency is already in bounds?

From: Bill Somerville [mailto:g4...@classdesign.com]
Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2017 11:33 AM
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [wsjt-devel] r7776 Split problem

On 02/07/2017 17:29, Dan Malcolm wrote:

I think I understand, but perhaps I didn't communicate well.  Prior to r7776
the B BFO did the Tx (and A BFO does the Rx) and shifted frequency to
14.078.500 as I expected, in compliance with the recommend split mode
setting.  Now, Tx still occurs on the B VFO, but does not shift to
14.078.500 as it did previously.  The B VFO remains at 14.079.000 during Tx.
This seems to be a change in Tx split mode behavior.  I understand the DF
frequency will change depending on the Tx DF, but I thought the TX shift
using split mode was supposed to keep audio frequencies in 1200-2000Hz range
and to do that required a 500Hz downshift during Tx.

Hi Dan,

what is your Tx DF when you observe the Tx dial frequency (VFO B) at 14.079
?