Hi Erik,

Thanks for reporting this defect. I had left in an improper disabling of the spinner control for Tx Freq. Please try r8148.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT

On 10/1/2017 4:28 AM, Erik - wrote:
/5. Clicking on the waterfall moves Rx and Tx frequencies as before:/

/Rx only on a simple click, Tx only on SHIFT-click, and both on CTRL-click.  This happens even if "Hold Tx Freq" is checked (which is why this box is no longer labeled "Lock Tx Freq")./

Does not work for me. If "Hold TX Freq" is checked, I cannot move the TX freq by SHIFT-click or CTRL-click on the waterfall.

A         SHIFT does nothing, moves neither Tx nor Rx

B         CTRL moves only the Rx

C         ALT     moves the Rx

D         only unchecking Hold Tx will allow Tx to move

Erik EI4KF.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Taylor [mailto:j...@princeton.edu]
Sent: 30 September 2017 18:01
To: wsjt-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [wsjt-devel] Experimental changes in r8146

Hi all,

Changes in program behavior can be confusing, so I apologize for some recent instability in GUI operational behavior.  Code revision r8146 is yet another attempt to get it right -- or as near "right" as possible -- while supporting both simplex and split-frequency default operating styles.

The following is the commit message for r8146:

Another try at optimizing the GUI for simplex and split behavior.

Details below:

1. Checkbox "Double-click on call sets Tx and Rx freqs" has been removed from the Settings -> General tab.

2. Checkbox "Lock Tx Freq" on main window is relabled "Hold Tx Freq".

3. Behavior now defaults to the "simplex" behavior in use up to code revision r8123.  In particular, double-clicking on decoded mesages that do not contain your own call moves both Rx and Tx frequencies.

If the first callsign is your own call, only Rx freq moves.

4. If "Hold Tx Freq" is checked, double-clicking on decoded messages moves the Rx frequency; Tx frequency is moved only if CTRL was held down.

5. Clicking on the waterfall moves Rx and Tx frequencies as before:

Rx only on a simple click, Tx only on SHIFT-click, and both on CTRL-click.  This happens even if "Hold Tx Freq" is checked (which is why this box is no longer labeled "Lock Tx Freq").

If I have not made mistakes, this arrangement should provide full backward compatibility and also easy assertion of a mode that keeps your Tx frequency fixed until you explicitly change it.

If you can build r8146 for yourself and try it on the air, please post your comments here.

             -- 73, Joe, K1JT