Hi Erik,

On 10/2/2017 10:42 AM, Erik EI4KF - wrote:

Since you were kind enough to write to me directly regarding the issue below,
may I ask you about some other aspects of WSJTx? I have previously posted about
these in the Development List but without reply.

It's best always to pose questions like yours to the wsjt-devel or wsjtgroup list. Others will surely be interested in the responses. Sometimes response may be slow: we are a tiny group, with many other demands on time.

1       In the scenario when 'Call 1st' is not enabled and a station replying
to my CQ skips the Grid and sends a dB report, WSJTx does not answer via
auto-sequence with a R+dB report. An example:

171002_140730  Transmitting 21.074 MHz  FT8:  CQ DX EI4KF
140745  -7  0.4 1005 ~  EI4KF KF8MY -15

171002_140800  Transmitting 21.074 MHz  FT8:  KF8MY EI4KF -07
171002_140800  Transmitting 21.074 MHz  FT8:  KF8MY EI4KF R-07
140815  -6  0.4 1005 ~  EI4KF KF8MY RR73

I have to manually (and quickly hi) change to R+dB. This does not happen if
Call 1st is enabled and WSJTx is in control of the reply, only when
double-clicking on the respondent's call. I never enable Call 1st because I
always use a directional call (CQ NA, CQ JA etc) and do not want WSJTx replying
to any EU so this issue has been a long-term problem for me.

In a quick off-the-air test with a generated file, I could not reproduce the behavior you describe. I am using r8155. Here are the last few lines from all.txt:

171002_151100  Transmitting 14.074001 MHz  FT8:  CQ DX EI4KF IO54
000001 -16  0.0 1500 ~  EI4KF KF8MY -11
171002_151130  Transmitting 14.074001 MHz  FT8:  KF8MY EI4KF R-16

2       Is it possible to equalise the functionality between the Operating
Panel 1, which has double-click Skip Grid and double click RR73, and operating
panel 2 which does not have these features? For example a right-click on the 73
button to change to RR73.

We generally consider "Tab 2" a feature for beginners. Experienced operators almost always prefer to use "Tab 1", which provides much greater flexibility.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT