I changed QTHs and am now in a condo, so it's rare for me to get my
multiband
vertical up on its tripod to operate.

Earlier in the summer I'd used 1.8.0 RC1 and operated FT8 enough to get my
sig spotted.

Today I tried 1.8.0 release. After a few transmits the waterfall window
would freeze.
Closing the program via the "X" in the upper right hand corner seemed to
work, but
upon trying to start up WSJT-X again I'd get the lock file hadn't been
deleted.

Task manager wouldn't find the executable running, but I still can't delete
the lock file,
claiming that some program has it locked.
Boot, delete the lock file, start WSJT-X again, and eventually get the same
results.
I seem to remember someone early-on suggesting using the "File" menu to exit
the program, so this problem still exists?

Another problem, with the Yaesu FT-857d (4800 bps, eight bits, 1 stop bit)
always
after transmitting the program would complain about timing out when trying
to read
the frequency. This would occasionally also occur in 1.7.0. Now it happens
after
every transmission.

When running FT8 retrying to establish communications with the radio would
re-establish, but probably too late. I couldn't see if anyone was
responding.

FLDIGI/FLRIG run fine.

Earlier in the summer I was using a hardwired USB connection. I'd have to
sit
outside on the balcony of my condo to operate. I'd overheat.

Got a Rigblaster Blue so that I could sit inside. Connection seems to be
fine, but
after a bit, trying to turn off Bluetooth,
Windows never seems to finish starting up the Bluetooth settings so that I
can even
get to the point to see what's connected and/or turn Bluetooth off.

Windows 10 machine is a Sony Vaio Intel i7 @ 1.6Ghz, with 6 GB RAM

Any log files I can contribute to help debug this?

So, on to Mac OS 10.13.1:

When I try and run WSJT-X the "splash screen" briefly appears then get
"Shared Memory Error", unable to create shared memory segment. Followed by
"Fatal error, shared memory error", yes, related.

Help!

Thanks! 73 de KH6CP