Hi Phil,

Your idea sounds reasonable. It might be a good way to enable wideband receiving -- that is, reception (of FT8, say) over a passband significantly greater than 5 kHz, currently the practical limit. The popularity of FT8 on the HF bands implies that wider sub-bands would be very desirable.

With MAP65 we already have significant experience with wideband reception of JT65 EME signals. It works very well, and is a big advantage. It can be set up to decode all JT65 signals over a 90 kHz range.

When receiving WSJT-X currently acquires audio data via the C++ class defined in Detector.cpp. Your best contact person is probably Bill, Somerville, G4WJS. Fair warning: Bill is in the middle of some major contract work, so his available time is limited.

    -- 73, Joe, K1JT