Hi Marco,

Yes I saw the 2,000+ texlive packages on my computer too, I let zypper
go ahead and install them, each one by itself is quite small. I didn't
see this action in other Linux distros (Debian and Solus) that I made
build scripts for earlier, maybe they already pre-installed texlive, or
possibly they put all the very small pieces of texlive code for each
language into one very large package.
If you can get WSJT-X 2.0.0 RC3 to build on Tumbleweed without texlive
please share your results, I am going to stay with what I have on
Tumbleweed since it is working great.
Ciao!

--
  Adam Schaible
  kb3...@schibes.com

On Thu, Oct 25, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Adam Schaible wrote:
> [...]
>

> On Thu, Oct 25, 2018, at 10:20 AM, Marco Calistri via wsjt-
> devel wrote:>>
>>
>> Il 22/10/18 17:31, Adam Schaible ha scritto:
>>> Buonasera Marco,  OpenSUSE Tumbleweed you say? Sure I can handle
>>> that. Here is a tested and working script to build WSJT-X 2.0.0 RC3
>>> on that distro.  First, disclaimers/notes and then, the script:  1)
>>> I am NOT a WSJT-X developer, I am just a regular ham radio operator
>>> who loves Linux. (I did meet K1JT once a few years ago at a speech
>>> he gave, it was fun!) So if you run my script below and it breaks
>>> your computer don't blame the wonderful WSJT-X devs, blame only me.
>>> By the way I have never tried Tumbleweed before today and I am very
>>> impressed, enough so that I may even use it to make a few contacts
>>> in WSJT-X :)  2) You do know there is an .rpm binary download of WSJT-
>>> X 2.0.0 RC3 available right? So we don't actually "need" to do any
>>> of this except for "educational" purposes.  3) The WSJT-X 2.0.0 RC3
>>> build script below is tested and working on a 6 hours old bare metal
>>> install of OpenSUSE Tumbleweed (KDE) on my Lenovo ThinkPad T440. For
>>> purpose of comparison I also built it on OpenSUSE Leap 15 running in
>>> a VM (AWS t2.micro), process was almost identical with just a few
>>> small differences that keep it from being able to run as a non-
>>> interactive script on Leap (repo update and devel-basis install both
>>> need command-line interventions, and Leap compilers are g++-7/gfortran-
>>> 7), but it still builds fine. Given these positive results, without
>>> any further knowledge I can only guess your previous build issues
>>> were caused by (as usual) missing dependencies.  GL es 73 de Adam
>>> KB3ZUV   #!/bin/bash #-----wsjtx2rc3-opensuseTW-build-script.sh-------
>>> #--------------RUN ME WITH SUDO------------- # #first the obligatory
>>> OS patching #since this is Tumbleweed we do full distro upgrade
>>> zypper ref && zypper dup -y #add user to dialout group allowing rig
>>> CAT control on next login #(if you use VOX you don't actually need
>>> this) usermod -a -G dialout $SUDO_USER #install a whole bunch of
>>> dependencies to compile WSJT-X #g++, git, and automake are all in
>>> devel_basis zypper in -y --type pattern devel_basis && zypper in -y
>>> fftw3-devel \ fftw3-threads-devel gcc-fortran cmake libqt5-qtbase-
>>> devel \ libqt5-qtmultimedia-devel libqt5-qtconnectivity-devel \
>>> libqt5-qtserialport-
>>> devel libusb-1_0-devel asciidoc hamlib-devel \ ruby2.5-rubygem-
>>> asciidoctor libpulse-devel libudev-devel #create some directories
>>> for WSJT-X sudo -u $SUDO_USER mkdir /home/$SUDO_USER/jtsource sudo
>>> -u $SUDO_USER mkdir /home/$SUDO_USER/.wsjtx #grab and unzip the
>>> source code from Princeton wget --no-check-certificate \
>>> https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-2.0.0-rc3.tgz sudo
>>> -u $SUDO_USER tar -xzvf wsjtx-2.0.0-rc3.tgz \ -C
>>> /home/$SUDO_USER/jtsource cd /home/$SUDO_USER/jtsource/wsjtx-2.0.0-
>>> rc3 #set build options sudo -u $SUDO_USER cmake -D
>>> 8" \ -D CMAKE_Fortran_COMPILER="/usr/bin/gfortran-8" \ -D