On 19/12/2018 02:27, George wrote:
Please either fix the version 2 code to allow execution on my machines or provide back compatibility to version 1.9 so that I can run your software.

George,

the code of WSJT-X is perfectly suitable for your operating system version.  No package upgrades are needed on your system despite what you will hear from others  who propose such unwise steps that are likely to break many other packages on your distribution.

What is lacking is a package maintainer for that distribution who is prepared to build the application from sources and submitting the required scripts for addition to the distribution repositories.

Until that happens you always have the option to build WSJT-X from sources, its not hard and instructions are included in the INSTALL file within the special source tarball we provide for users of package maintainers to build from sources. A lot of work has been invested in making WSJT-X easy to build from sources even though it is a complex desktop application.

It is not our problem to make binary install packages for each and every Linux distribution and version thereof. Nor should you expect us to do so just because your Linux distribution providers happen to mark your favoured version as having long term support, such a label does not apply to WSJT-X until it is included into your distribution repositories. Please understand that is not how Linux distributions work, each distribution has its own view of what packages should be included and at what version they are built. In general Open Source package authors provide the means to build their packages and no more. In the case of WSJT-X we go a step further by producing binary packages for a couple of popular Linux distribution versions, usually the most current LTS or equivalent version. We do this both as a convenience for non-technical users and as a means of testing the building of WSJT-X on Linux platforms. Why we should continue to do that in the face of unreasonable demands like yours to satisfy each and every Linux user with their choice of version installed sometimes is hard to justify.