On 19/12/2018 02:27, George wrote:
I am running Mint Linux 18.2 & 18.3 (2 different computers) which are both long term support releases and are supported till 2021.

When I attempt to install wsjtx 2.0.0  (amd64) it states that I need libc6 to be greater than 2.27 the version of libc6 that is installed on my computer is 2.23

That is correct.

I recently encountered a similar problem, but am now running wsjtx-2.0.0 successfully on Mint Linux 17.3 x86_64 here.

I built a recent version of Qt (>=5.5), then successfully built wsjtx-2.0.0 from sources as recommended in the User Guide.

I plan to upgrade to Mint Linux 19.1 when time permits.

wsjtx_2.0.0_amd64.deb installs with no problems on Mint Linux 19.0 on my other sacrificial machine here. It pulled in all the dependencies automatically. Neat.