Unfortunately, that had no effect. I would have been surprised if it had,
since there is no USB connection between my computer and the radio.
Everything goes over Ethernet. I experienced the same thing with my old rig
(FTdx5000) when I was connected via USB.

So I'll keep looking for a solution. I suspect it has something to do with
the interaction between WSJT-X and Windows, because WSJT-X comes up on a
different screen when the computer awakens after sleep mode.

73,
Frank
KF6E