Hello,

I emailed BillG4WJS yesterday and explained why this happens. I have not heard
from him yet, so here is a copy of my message.

73 Alex VE3NEA

Hi Bill,

I released OmniRig 1.19 about a month ago, this version solves a few problems that I faced when I started to use WSJT-X with my new IC-7610 radio.

One problem was a slow T/R switching. WSJT-X sends multiple redundant commands to OmniRig that set the properties to the same value that is already set. These commands have no effect, but they take time, especially if a CAT timeout occurs. I had intermittent T/R delays of up to 2-3 seconds. I changed the code in OmniRig so that a CAT command is not sent to the radio if it does not change the current value, and this dramatically improved the response time.

Another problem was the mode change, WSJT-X changed the mode of one VFO but not
of the other. This happened because of this code:

              if (writable_params_ & OmniRig::PM_VFOEQUAL)
                {
                  // nothing to do here because OmniRig will use VFO
                  // equalize to set the mode of the Tx VFO for us
                }

This assumption does not hold for all radios. To solve this, I have added an option that sets the mode for both VFO's when the Mode property is assigned a value. This option is controlled by a setting in the configuration file.

These changes solved the problems that I had with WSJT-X and my radio, but there is still a small glitch that was recently reported by a user. The code that adds 55 Hz to the frequency reads the frequency back immediately instead of waiting for a param change event, as a result it determines the resolution incorrectly, and with the new OmniRig it does not even undo the frequency change because it tries to set the frequency to the same value that it already has.

Let us work together to fix the remaining problems, and perhaps simplify the WSJT-X code using the new features of OmniRig. You can see my changes to the OmniRig code here:

https://github.com/VE3NEA/OmniRig/commits/master

73 Alex VE3NEA