George,

Packaged and required with the JT Software Development Kit produced by Greg
Bream KI7MT is the Qt development tool QtCreator.

The full current version of the 32-bit kit is available at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/jtsdk/ . Note that the 64-bit JTSDK is just on
the cusp of release and that many of us are contributing back for its
enhancement and utility.

Joe’s WSJTX 2.1 General Release source code is at
https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-2.1.0.tgz .

This source code can then be opened, customised and then recompiled using
Greg’s packaged tools.

Customised code then should be re-packaged and sent back as a minor “fork” of
the project ... for others that may need this function or may need the guidance.

It sounds elementary as I put it here but that is far from the case.

There is a bit of learning and understanding behind deploying, configuring and
using the 3.0 JTSDK. Yet guidance is there online in very clear forms – and for
those that ask.

Put simply, programming and developing in Qt – the programming environ and C++
language editor that the GUI (and non-mathematical library components) requires
some learning and guidance. Most books available are far from satisfactory
(though others may prompt you in that direction with posts here). There are
many great introductory tutorials on YouTube – and I suggest you start with
“ProgrammingKnowledge”’s tutes as the very foundation. That is where many
respected Academic Institutions world-wide point their computer science
students.

Sometimes you can ask and receive “blunt” answers, as I have experienced in the
past. Intent and emotion is not conveyed properly via text. You can sometimes
be greeted with responses that I and others find to be far from social and
cordial on occasion the quest for learning, knowledge, understanding and
application.

Yet as Joe points out they as the core development team also have lives in the
real world.

This group – really being the only reliable source of guidance on such matters
– is primarily used to detect serious issues. Yet there are few other places to
seek guidance at.

Amateur Radio is there by most international charter for self-education and
learning; our greatest skill is adaptation. Sometimes our worst skill is
actually communicating. For AR’s survival in this internet age we MUST promote
and prioritise the learning and not just cut those that seek knowledge and
skills off into the wilderness.

That is why I have responded here.

“Help is always given to those who ask (at Hogwarts)” – Prof. A. Dumbledore of
Harry Potter fame 😊. Help is always offered by great educators – as we all
should be in AR.

73

Steve I
VK3VM / VK3SIR