Hi friends, I am writing to share an idea...

WSJT callsign encoding generally accommodates most amateur radio callsigns,
but some callsigns -- e.g., some special-event callsigns, and callsigns
which might use a *four character suffix* as provided at ITU RR19-7 ยง30
<http://life.itu.int/radioclub/rr/art19.pdf#page=7> -- can't be
accommodated by the coding scheme. There has been plenty of previous
discussion about that, and I think no more is necessary.

WSPR-X provides for the user's specification of a single callsign; that
callsign is used for encoding into messages, and also for use in optional
CW Morse identification.

I think it would be nice if a user could optionally specify a free-form CW
identification callsign which is not subject to the restrictions of the
callsign encoding scheme. This would enable stations to comply with
regulatory station identification requirements in cases of callsigns which
are not accommodated by the callsign coding scheme.

David / K7DB