Steve, I guess that your statement "WSJT-X will not pick up this call"
means that WSJT-X will not *automatically *enter this call into the "DX
Call" field, nor the locator into the "DX Grid" field. That is true, but
WSJT-X will certainly pick up the call and grid as decoded if you enter it
manually into the two fields. WSJT-X does not care how the call and grid
arrives in the two fields, but once they are there they are used as entered.
I had no problem sending any of the Tx1 - Tx5 messages with 5CT in the DX
Call field and JN0 in the DX Grid field.

First of all 5CT is not a valid call sign. Secondly, and all important
here, it 5CT is not in accordance with the WSJT-X defintions and algorithms
for what constitutes a call sign as defined in
https://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-2.2.2.html#PROTOCOL_OVERVIEW
. Consequently, all my messages were sent as free text messages truncated
at 13 characters, which is just right.

73 Frode LA6VQ