Hi Guys,

 There seem to be some real installation problems on Ubuntu 10.10,
Maverick Meerkat.    The main problem is that Wx/Media is not installed
along with any MediaCtrl functionality.  Secondary to this Wx::Demo does
not install either because of the 'use Wx::DemoModules::wxMediaCtrl' in
Wx::Demo.

 I have advertised this here and on PerlMonks
(http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=881661).  [1]

 The error message for Wx::Demo is:

    #   Failed test 'use Wx::DemoModules::wxMediaCtrl;'

    #   at t/01_load.t line 38.

    #   Tried to use 'Wx::DemoModules::wxMediaCtrl'.

There is no error message from the original Wx install, but a critical
part that installs Wx/Media is not executed in the makefile.  (See
http://www.perlmonks.org/?node_id=881925). [2]

 Sorry to push this,  but it if Wx::Demo does not install on an operating
system, it seems to me that this is quite a problem because new users need
it to start using Wx.

 Any ideas or suggestions, much appreciated.

 Regards

 Steve

Links:
------