Hi Mark,

Well the installation process worked a treat.  I needed to install the Gnome
development toolkit first.

        sudo apt-get install gnome-core-devel

However, the result was fairly horrible.  wxMediaCtrl no longer works
properly.  The scaling is wrong and you get occasional random seg-faults.

I'm going to post an error on the wxWidgets user-list, but of course it may
be a GStreamer problem.

However I have to ask, why do we need such a complex installation process?

When I started, on Windows, you just needed to install a .msi file.

Then I migrated to Kubuntu, I just needed:

cpan
> install Wx
> install Wx::Demo

Now we need
        sudo apt-get install gnome-core-devel (a fairly long process)
        a manual install of Alien::Widgets
        a build of wxWidgets (also long-winded)

At this stage I did a manual install of Wx from svn, but I could probably
have used cpan.  Ditto Wx::Demo.

However, it seems an off-putingly long-winded and at times painful process.
While I have no choice at this stage of sunk investment, others probably do.

What do you people think?

I'd be happy to help with simplifying it, but I'm not sure where to start.

Have a good day.

Regards

Steve