Whoops, missed wxp off dist list.
 Hi Mark,

 Thanks for this.

 On Fri 14/01/11 09:13 , Mark Dootson mark.doot...@znix.com sent:
 MD> If you want Wx::MediaCtrl, (amongst other things ) ensure the runtime

 MD> and dev libs for gstreamer and freeglut are installed on Ubuntu,

 gstreamer already has all the files it had from 10.4, but I've added one
 more -dev to be on the safe side.

 freeglut was not installed on the 10.4 machine.  I've installed
freeglut3 and freeglut3-dev

 MD> build Alien::wxWidgets with something like:

 MD> perl Build.PL --wxWidgets-extraflags="--enable-graphics_ctx
 MD> --disable-compat26 --enable-mediactrl --with-libjpeg=builtin
 MD> --with-libpng=builtin --with-regex=builtin --with-libtiff=builtin
 MD> --with-zlib=builtin --with-expat=builtin --with-libxpm=builtin"
 MD> --wxWidgets-build='yes' --wxWidgets-source='tar.gz'
 MD> --wxWidgets-unicode=1 --wxWidgets-build-opengl=1
--wxWidgets-version=2.8.11

 I haven't used Alien before, I've just used:

mkdir wxPerl

cd wxPerl

svn co https://wxperl.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/wxperl/wxPerl/trunk [1]

cd trunk

perl Makefile.PL

make

make test

make install
 or cpan.

 Ok, Mark, sorry, at this point I've got stuck,

 I installed Alien with:

 apt-get install alien

 But I'm not sure now what directory to run it in.

 Thanks for your input.

 Steve

Links:
------