On Wed, 2010-02-03 at 13:05 +0100, Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> John A. Sullivan III schreef:
> > Hello, all.  Amidst our very successful testing of X2Go, we came across
> > a permissions issue.  Our environment sets a default umask of 007 rather
> > than the standard 022.  This was honored in our NoMachine environment.
> > However, we recently started having access control issues where users
> > could not edit each others' documents.  Sure enough, the default rights
> > were rw_r__r__ rather than rw_rw____.  We checked our /etc/profile file
> > in case something had changed and it is still a umask of 007.  We did a
> > direct ssh and touched a file and it gave correct rw_rw____ rights so it
> > appears to be something specific to X2Go.  From where does X2Go
> > configure its bash environment?
> >
> > We are using Hardy on the X2Go server (in process of transitioning to
> > Lenny) and Lenny on the X2Go Client.  Thanks - John
>
> What you can do is not starting Gnome or KDE, but start a script. In
> that script you can set the environment like the umask and you start
> Gnome or KDE. Something like this:
>
> umask 0002
> export TESTVAR=test21
> . ~/.gnomerc
> /usr/bin/gnome-session
<snip>
Thanks, Paul.  That's a very creative idea but it means either editing
thousands (hopefully) of clients spread all over the world or replacing
the startkde file with a script and remembering that after every upgrade
for every virtual machine (we map one virtual machine per virtual
desktop).  That's why we'd rather control it using standard bash
configuration in the base image from which we build the virtual
machines.

What files does X2Go use to configure its bash environment if
not /etc/profile? Thanks - John