hi Alex,

On Di 25 Sep 2012 11:13:16 CEST Oleksandr Shneyder wrote:

I don't want to disable any features. I only say, it is nice to have a
possibility to send authentication data to server encrypted. In LAN it
is not a such big problem to send it in clear text. But in case of
SSH-Proxy it is an Internet connection. And I want, that every one, who
use this feature with X2Go know, that sending unecrypted data over
Internet is not safe. And that should not be the same authentication
data as used on other servers.

With SSH proxy support you normally do _not_ send passwords unencrypted.

Manual SSH proxy tunnel:
ssh -l<proxy-user> <proxy-host> -L 127.0.0.1:<some-local-port>:<ip-or-host-behind-proxy>:<ssh-port-on-remote-host>

and then an X2Go session to

Hostname: 127.0.0.1
Port: <some-local-port>
User: <ssh-user-on-remote-host>

Both SSH authentications do not reveal clear text credentials. So, I am wondering what your SSH proxy strategy will be(?).

Greets,
Mike

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM