The latest version of VcXsrv, 1.15.0, contains the vulnerability
CVE-2013-6462 in the component libXfont 1.4.6.

The vulnerability is fixed in libXfont 1.4.7 and VcXsrv's master
branch contains that update/fix.

I just sent the VcXsrv developer "marha" a message through
SourceForge.net. I am hoping he will respond soon. I would like to
avoid releasing X2Go Client 4.0.2.0 with the vulnerable VcXsrv if at
all possible. As I mentioned below, I'll try to compile VcXsrv's
master branch if he will not release a new VcXsrv soon. I will also
try to compile the master this evening if he does not respond by then.

-Mike

-----------------------

Hi,

I'm the Windows maintainer on the X2Go project. We bundle VcXsrv in
our Windows builds of the X2Go Client.
http://www.x2go.org

We are about to release X2Go Client 4.0.2.0, but I'd very much not
like to do so with VcXsrv 1.15.0 because of the vulnerability in
libXfont 1.4.6:
https://sourceforge.net/p/vcxsrv/bugs/17/
Even if we and most users would never trigger that vulnerability,
shipping vulnerable code is still an issue because vulnerability
scanning software like Mcafee Vulnerability Manager might flag VcXsrv
1.15.0 and tell system administrators that they must upgrade.

So I ask that you please release a new version of VcXsrv (presumably
1.15.0.1) within the next few days based on commit [d02e67] or later.
I would be happy to test it.

If you do not, I will look into compiling [d02e67] or later myself.

Thanks,
Mike DePaulo