On my system, x2go installs to these directories.
/etc/x2go/
/var/lib/x2go
/usr/share/x2go
/usr/lib/x2go

this file should tell you more about your logs:
/usr/lib/x2go/x2gosyslog

I see sessions connecting in the journalctl logs (I'm systemd).

To troubleshoot, I usually turn up debugging in:
/etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf

Then I run the agent from the comand line with --debugging on my client.

Hope that helps.

Paul