* On 5/2/21 2:27 PM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> I'll want to write up a small preprocessor utility to handle this in a nicer
> way.
>
> Will hopefully get that done in the next few days.

Finally got it all ready and, as far as I can tell, working right now.

I've created a preprocessing script (replacing @@MARKERS@@) and a simple
condition-based preprocessor written in Perl for handling this.

Debian Bullseye and higher will use Qt 5, older releases stay on Qt 4.

Ubuntu 20.04 and higher will use Qt 5, older release stay on Qt 4.

I can easily extend this solution to Qt 6 once it hits distributions, so that's
good.

The debian/control will now be autogenerated by our build system, but also must
be manually synced to the build-master-qt{4,5} branches for Launchpad (only). A
README file with instructions is provided. That's a bit inconvenient, but
Launchpad doesn't allow "run"-type hooks in their recipes (yet) and they require
a working control file in the main build branch, so that was the only generic
solution I could come up with.

Due to this, I had to split the nightly builds into two recipes on Launchpad.
The old one is set to manual mode - please don't trigger builds there by
accident.

Now that the .deb-based systems are done, I'll continue with the RPM-based ones,
probably tomorrow. That should be a lot easier, since spec files are much more
powerful compared to the static Debian files. Also a bit of polishing, but
that's non-critical.

Mihai