* On 5/13/21 12:37 AM, Mihai Moldovan wrote:
> Now that the .deb-based systems are done, I'll continue with the RPM-based
> ones,
> probably tomorrow. That should be a lot easier, since spec files are much more
> powerful compared to the static Debian files. Also a bit of polishing, but
> that's non-critical.

That took a lot longer than expected.

I had to update mock configuration files for newer Fedora versions (mostly to
update the Rawhide ones) and then it turned out that the RPM version on the
stretch-based package builder was too old.

That meant that I had to backport the rpm version from unstable and rebuild all
dependent packages like dnf, libsolv etc.

With that, newer Fedora versions started building again, but older releases,
like EPEL 6 and 7, which are yum-based, started failing on downloading build
dependencies.

I then started looking into replacing yum-builddep with the dnf-provided
yum-builddep wrapper, but soon found out that this didn't work either.
dnf-utils, even when invoked as yum-builddep with an installroot parameter, only
searches for dnf.conf - first within the installroot, then within the main
system, if the installroot does not contain this file. Thus, I went ahead and
patched dnf to add a --yumcompat flag which is automatically passed for
yum-compat wrappers like yum-builddep and which prefers yum.conf over dnf.conf,
with a fallback to the latter.

This initially seemed to work for downloading the build dependencies, but failed
later while installing them through yum, which is not easily replaceable.

In the end, it turned out that I forgot to backport a Python 2 compatibility
patch to the rpm package (since upstream RPM dropped Python 2 support for good),
after which yum started working again.

With a few more spec file changes, we're now building against Qt 5 on RPM-based
platforms which do not support Qt 4 any longer.

I'll still have to work on the Windows and OS X/macOS builds, but probably more
importantly, will have to port the changes to other packages as well, like
PinEntry-X2Go (which needs proper rebasing against a newer upstream version, I
figure), X2GoAdminCenter (which is... actually quite dead anyway) and
X2GoDesktopSharing.

Mihai