Hi Steve,

On  Sa 28 Jun 2014 23:39:34 CEST, Steve Bergman wrote:

X2GO, like FreeNX before it, continues to be absolutely amazing. I have ~100 business users in 4 offices in 4 cities in 2 states doing all their daily office work in X2GO/MATE/Debian, and it just flies over the WAN. I just got finished watching (and listening to) Mike Gabriel's talk at Debconf on YouTube via X2GO over a 6mbit connection. Impressive.

then I have something delicious for you, as well:

1. Install a fresh machine as X2Go Server (e.g. with MATE).
2. Upgrade to X2Go Server from the nightly builds
3. Install mTelePlayer server-side (NEWEST stuff): apt-get install mteleplayer

4. Install PyHoca-GUI from the nightly builds on your Linux client: apt-get install pyhoca-gui 5. Install the client-side part of mTelePlayer: apt-get install mteleplayer-clientside

Open a (not too large, we are working on performance) video file (not a video on a website, a real video file!) inside an X2Go session with mTelePlayer and be happy...

Mike

PS: note that this is all highly developmental stuff... no warranty given for now, at all!!!

--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31