On Friday, February 8, 2002, at 04:07 AM, Arno de Quaasteniet wrote:

I can imagine that you didn't see it before. I probably also wouldn't have since X-Hive also has root collection :)

Anyway, if there is a problem then it has to be solved. I need to think
some more about you suggestions of extending the getService mthod with a
context parameter. I personaly still have bad feeling about tying
services to collections but that's more about intuition than about
arguments (except the one mentioned earlier), so I have to examine it
some more.

Well as Dare pointed out that was a stupid idea, it didn't actually solve the problem at all. We're going to have to change the concepts around the Database instance to enable services at that level. I need to think about it more.

Arno

Contact administrator:  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Read archived messages: http://archive.xmldb.org/

Kimbro Staken
XML Database Software, Consulting and Writing
http://www.xmldatabases.org/