Fair enough.

Here is what “should” happen once you have all the goo installed. I did not run
the compile.

pi@pi4-4-second:~ $ ls
Bookshelf  Documents  Music     Public     Videos
Desktop    Downloads  Pictures  Templates
pi@pi4-4-second:~ $ mkdir src
pi@pi4-4-second:~ $ cd src
pi@pi4-4-second:~/src $  git clone https://github.com/Xastir/Xastir.git
Cloning into 'Xastir'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 77, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (77/77), done.
remote: Total 30220 (delta 29), reused 44 (delta 13), pack-reused 30143
Receiving objects: 100% (30220/30220), 22.49 MiB | 4.77 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (23108/23108), done.
pi@pi4-4-second:~/src $ ls
Xastir
pi@pi4-4-second:~/src $ cd Xastir/
pi@pi4-4-second:~/src/Xastir $ ./bootstrap.sh
    6) Removing autom4te.cache directory...
    5) Running aclocal...
    4) Running autoheader...
    3) Running autoconf...
    2) Running automake...
configure.ac:50: installing './compile'
configure.ac:46: installing './config.guess'
configure.ac:46: installing './config.sub'
configure.ac:26: installing './install-sh'
configure.ac:26: installing './missing'
callpass/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'
    1) Generating derived language files.....
Bootstrap complete.
pi@pi4-4-second:~/src/Xastir $