On Mon, Dec 18, 2006 at 06:46:38AM -0800, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> flavor, containing: > On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Tom Russo wrote: > > > Apparently, though, GraphicsMagick is still in that state. Either pitch > > GraphicsMagick on Cygwin (if xastir's the only thing that's using it), > > downgrade > > xorg to the previous version, or force xastir's configure script to ignore > > the installed GraphicsMagick. > > Xastir's "configure" will automatically search out GraphicsMagick. > If the tests fail it'll then search out ImageMagick, so no hacks > necessary to get the operation you describe.
But it sounded like what was happening was that Xastir's configure was finding GraphicsMagick, *NOT* failing during configure, not going on and using ImageMagick, and then ultimately failing during the final link of Xastir. Of course, that shouldn't happen if we're doing an AC_CHECK_LIB, which will attempt a link --- those should catch the missing "dipstick" issue by failing to link the conftest. As long as that's what's happening, it's all good. But I thought I heard that it was bombing badly. Perhaps I misread things. -- Tom Russo KM5VY SAR502 DM64ux http://www.swcp.com/~russo/ Tijeras, NM QRPL#1592 K2#398 SOC#236 AHTB#1 http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?DDTNM "And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" --- The Tick _______________________________________________ Xastir mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir
