On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Tom Russo wrote: > What with systems like LSB stuffing things in /opt that we might not actually > want to find, I think it's not an optimum idea.
They go into /opt/<packagename>/lib, /opt/<packagename>/include, etc. > Adding a special-casing block at the top is almost as easy as adding the > thing you suggest, and establishes a pattern for fleshing out with other > special cases as needed (when, say, darfink comes out and starts dumping > libraries in /optsw/ or whatever). Roger. I'll accept that. My idea was simpler but may have led to problems in the future. So... On to the next question: Does AC_CHECK_PROG(), which we use to find Magick-config, GraphicsMagick-config, and gdal-config, also use one of the environment variables for its path? If so our code there can be made simpler via the same method. I can go hunt down the macro later to check if need be. -- Curt, WE7U. APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer "Lotto: A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown "Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U "The world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!" _______________________________________________ Xastir mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir
