On Mon, 18 Dec 2006, Tom Russo wrote: > But it sounded like what was happening was that Xastir's configure was finding > GraphicsMagick, *NOT* failing during configure, not going on and using > ImageMagick, and then ultimately failing during the final link of Xastir.
This may have been a slightly earlier version of configure.ac/acinclude.m4. The latest versions of each should do the failover just fine. > Of course, that shouldn't happen if we're doing an AC_CHECK_LIB, which will > attempt a link --- those should catch the missing "dipstick" issue by failing > to link the conftest. As long as that's what's happening, it's all good. But > I thought I heard that it was bombing badly. Perhaps I misread things. Without a system to test on I can't be sure. Looks like we use AC_CHECK_PROG() to find "GraphicsMagick-config". In the following section we use AC_CHECK_HEADERS() and AC_CHECK_LIB(), but only if "darwin" isn't defined. The comments state that we don't want to use these additional functions on OSX 'cuz the standard macros won't find them. The GM section is VERY similar to the IM section immediately preceeding it. -- Curt, WE7U. APRS Client Comparisons: http://www.eskimo.com/~archer "Lotto: A tax on people who are bad at math." -- unknown "Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates." -- WE7U "The world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!" _______________________________________________ Xastir mailing list [email protected] http://lists.xastir.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/xastir
