Curt, WE7U wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, J. Lance Cotton wrote:

<begin off-topic ranting and blathering>

Oh, I thought you already did!  hi hi

There's no possible way that OpenTRAC could interfere with APRS any more
than APRS interferes with other APRS operation.

I disagree with that statement, but only slightly.  There's no way a
"properly coded" APRS program would be bothered by OpenTrac.  Some
of the programs might try to decode packets that used a different
protocol ID than APRS, for instance if they had KISS TNC capability
they might see TCP/IP packets and OpenTrac packets and try to decode
them as APRS.  The program in this case _should_ filter out anything
that's not the APRS protocol ID, but some may not.

As I recall, there was approximately one station reporting "problems" associated with the OpenTrak incident in question. The lack of reproducibility suggests that the null hypothesis was rejected.

I certainly don't think it rated a <rant></rant> tag with attribution.

gerry
--
Gerry Creager -- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cell: 979.229.5301 Office: 979.458.4020 FAX: 979.862.3983