On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Keith Kaiser wrote:

I installed OpenMotif v2.1.32 how do I make sure Xastir picks it up? After the load I ran Xastir and it still has the same problems.

Make sure you don't have earlier packages of OpenMotif or
OpenMotif-devel still installed.

Remove Lesstif and Lesstif-devel packages.  This is a competing
package which does the same thing as OpenMotif, so one will
generally replace the other.

Make sure you install OpenMotif-devel-2.1.32 if your system uses
different packages for the libraries and the header (development)
files.  Many Linux distributions do it this way but I don't know
whether OSX does this.

Run Xastir's "./configure".  It should pick up the new one.  Run
"make" and then become root and run "make install" or do "sudo make
install" if you have sudo set up properly.

Once Xastir is compiled, Help->About should display the new Motif
version.

--
Curt, WE7U.                             archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer