I found a line that said "KERNEL==ttyLTM..." so I added the line that Lee
suggested right underneath that one. It did make the permissions crwxrwxrwx
after the reboot. The ttyS0 appears to be in the "dialout" group and my
username is in the dialout group.

Still no communication between the computer and the radio.

I have a file for Names in the /etc/udev/rules.d directory and I don't see the
port specifically named, is this an issue?

Jim Morgan KE5MKT
Midland, TX 79703-6318
USA
432.425.5606