From:   Francois Bissey <francois.bis...@canterbury.ac.nz>
Date:   09/26/2012 07:17 AM
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] postscript not run after install?

On 26/09/12 22:54, Lissa Valletta wrote:
> It does run  the wget also.   Typically, the problem here is the address
> to MN is resolvable after install but not during.  One difference is you
> are not  running  your otherpkgs postscript when you user updatenode -P.
>  Did you remove otherpkgs from the postscripts list and then just run
> the install?  Let's try and install without  running otherpkgs. Then on
> the node you can look at the /tmp/wget.log  and see if there are errors,
> for the wget just for the /install/postscripts directory.  You can look
> to see if /xcatpost/mypostscript has what you expect.
>    We need the mypostscript file after the install.  It is either in
> /tmp  or /xcatpost directory.
> Also what is the indication to you that the postscripts are not running.
>   For example after the install,  can you ssh to the node and login
> without being prompted for a password?  Is it all postscripts or just
> some of them?
> I need an lsdef <nodename>    of the node also.

The stuff from my previous email including the mypostscript in
attachment was from an install with otherpkgs removed from the
postbootscripts. I also provided the lsdef you asked for in that same
email.
wget.log was notably absent from the installed node.
What proof do we have that the postscripts haven't been run?
Lets's look at the postscript line from lsdef p7n14-c
postscripts=syslog,remoteshell,syncfiles,setupntp,basic_setup,IBMhpc.postscript,ge.create.fen,usrlocalpower7,credential

That's an interesting question. The credential postscript is not run
because this script is synchronizing passwords to the nodes. If this
script isn't run user accounts don't exist and no one can log in from
anything else than the xcat server. That was my evidence that the
scripts weren't run. On the other hand now that I look closely there is
evidence that syslog and IBMhpc.postscript have been run. I am starting
to suspect that only this last script hasn't been run.
In which case I have led you on a wild goose chase for a while because
the script doesn't work immediately after install (weird).

Francois

<<inline: graycol.gif>>