From:   François Bissey <francois.bis...@canterbury.ac.nz>
Date:   10/24/2012 10:17 PM
Subject:        Re: [xcat-user] postscript not run after install?

On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 23:45:07 you wrote:
> Yes,  I sent another note when I discovered the note with the
information.
> I came to the same conclusion,  if was really just some of the
postscripts
> not running.  In this case the setup is fine,  you just need to look at
> those postscripts.

We had our experimental node busy for a while for some debugging.
I think I resolved the issue with our postscript in that now it is run.
But I had to move it to postbootscripts. I changed it to make sure
the file that could have permission problems are not
in /install/postscripts
anymore.
Instead I mount a folder with the file through nfs. My current conclusion
is that nfs is not available at he time the postscripts are run. Is this
correct?

At the moment the install process of sles with xcat goes in this order:
1) install OS
2) postscrips
3) reboot
4) OS postinstall
5) postbootscripts

Is it the correct order? Is there any other elements missing in that list
that make the whole process more understandable?

Cheers,
--
Dr François Bissey
BlueFern team - http://www.bluefern.canterbury.ac.nz