Hi everyone,

Thank you for your feedback.

Firstly, let me apologise if I have caused confusion with the form. It was
not intended to be a one answer fits all within the community. Rather, it
was created to give community members an option to share how they feel
about the term, with the example mentioned. In the future, I want to ensure
you that I have taken your feedback on board and wider context will be
provided. I'll also make sure that maintainers/committers are CC'd into the
threads.

The form was created as a method to understand the wider view of the
community, whilst making it easier to track responses. The key takeaways
here are what Stefano has addressed earlier: that we should reach a
consensus quicker rather than continue what some would consider nitpicking
small things.

Following the discussions above and my previous emails, we will be adding
informal voting to the governance guidelines and reviewing other ways to
better collaborate. Some suggestions for improvement include discussing
ways in which the wider community can address their concerns, having the
ability to vote, and potentially electing an arbiter or technical steering
committee for similar situations. I will be sending out further
communications and discussing this with the community at a later date.

In the specific example above, it's difficult in the sense that informal
voting wasn't officially in the governance yet when the feedback was
raised. What I would recommend in this instance is that if George and
others feel very strongly about removing that term and have given a proper
explanation, then I'd advise calling an informal vote within the thread and
following the decision. Alternatively if after this conversation, members
understand Andy's point of view and the term doesn't have serious
consequences - let's agree with what Andy inputted in the first place and
move this project ahead.  In an ideal world, we wouldn't require voting,
but rather a discussion. However, if there are strong opinions for/against
a specific decision that is causing us to be at a standstill, this is where
informal voting helps.

*I have updated the form
<https://cryptpad.fr/form/#/2/form/view/7ByH95Vd7KiDOvN4wjV5iUGlMuZbkVdwk7cYpZdluWo/>
with wider context and other options to reflect a 5-point survey, should
anyone wish to express/change their vote. It would be good to view how the
community feels about this in general, which should guide us in future
similar situations. *

I just want to reiterate that we all working towards a common goal within
the project, and although disagreements can arise, we should always seek
ways to compromise.

Many thanks,
Kelly Choi

Xen Project Community Manager